Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's a "Boy Thing"

This obsession with, well, farts. I won't say "flatulence," because that's just too fancy. We enjoy farts and most things fart-related. (Don't worry; I won't be too longwinded about this topic. I mean, how much is there to say about it, really?)

I only bring it up because as the chauffeur, I am subjected to a daily dose of (no, not actual farting on the part of my kids; I'd proudly say that in true, pull-my-finger father fashion, I probably put them through much more than they do me) fart JOKES.

Lately, it's gotten pretty bad. We listen to the Wizard of Oz soundtrack on the way to their school. They have taken to replacing every other word with fart. I know it's juvenile and ridiculous, but try singing this out loud (you know the tune) without laughing:

"The house began to fart. The kitchen took a fart.
It landed on the Wicked Fart
In the middle of a fart,
Which was not a healthy situation for the Wicked Fart."

Oh, come ON! That's funny.

By the way, just as an aside, when I was their age, we weren't allowed to say "fart." It was considered a Bad Word. The euphemism of choice in our household was "bottom burp," as in "Danny, did you just do a bottom burp?"

In retrospect, I just find that hilarious!

Hey, I think I just figured out where the boys got their obsession from!

No comments:

Post a Comment