Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Back is Back


The thing about having chronic back issues is that you can be going great guns for a year, which has been my case this time around, when something random happens. A sneeze, a cough, a missed step off a staircase, a pothole, or speed bump. And you feel that oddly familiar burn once again....


For me it was dismounting from my bike in front of Super Donut this morning at 5:30. I'd picked up some speed rolling up onto the sidewalk, so that the impact on my feet as I came off the bike was a bit more jarring than I'd planned. Freshly out of bed with not nearly enough sleep under my belt, the pain was immediate. I adjusted by doing a few waist rotations, which made me feel immediately ridiculous. Doing calisthenics in front of a donut shop.


The pain is contained at the moment, but I'm sure it will be there when I get up, so that I will need to do some more exercises. I'm telling myself I won't go back to Dr. Madden and his torture devices. Just need to take care of my diet, my abs, and my hamstrings. Do that, and the back will fall right back into line.


At least temporarily...

No comments:

Post a Comment