Thursday, June 2, 2011

What If Something Extraordinary Happened Today? Like . . .

. . . riding my bike home from my morning run, I discovered an old woman wandering down the center line of Shadowglen Boulevard.? What if she was in her nightgown and appeared disoriented and unaware of where, or who, she was? What if she did recognize me, however, but not as myself? What if she thought I was _________________?

. . . backing out the driveway as I took the kids to school, I ran over the neighbor’s dog – in front of the neighbor’s kids? (And mine?) And what if I never liked that dog, anyway?

. . . dropping my kids at school, a man mistook me for the guy who had been sleeping with his wife, and decided to confront me in front of the elementary school, at the peak of drop-off time?

. . . heading to work after dropping off the kids, I realized I had forgotten an important document and, stopping at home, found my wife ­­­­_________________?

. . . driving to work, they broke in on my regularly scheduled radio programing to announce that a terrorist had detonated a handheld nuclear explosive in Times Square?

. . . Edmund Oropez and Paul Cruz came to my cubicle and asked if I’d be interested in being the principal of _____________________?

. . . sitting at work, I got a call from Santiago Forrero, saying that the Parental Control ad I appeared in had won an award and that the ad agency would like to fly me to the awards ceremony in _____________?

. . . instead of something happening to me, like in all these scenarios, I decided to get off my ass, take some initiative, and make something happen??

No comments:

Post a Comment