Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Time to Download More Songs

Jeanette and I are currently looking closely at our budget, thoughtfully tightening our belts. Times are tough after all.

But I think there is such a thing as budgeting for peace of mind, and as I wrote down the first several songs I heard this morning, during my coffee-drinking/journal-writing/iPod Nano-listening time, I came to the conclusion that I have GOT to buy new music.

1) The Cover of the Rolling Stone (Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show)

2) La Cura (Frankie Ruiz)

3) Wildfire (Michael Murphy)

4) 867-5309/Jenny (Tommy Tutone)

5) 17 (Kings of Leon)

6) Two Tickets to Paradise (Eddie Money)

7) Hold the Line (Toto)

8) Where is Maria? (Greg Brown)

They're not bad songs; in fact some are very good. It's just a weird mix, and I'm clearly stuck in the 70's.

So here's my question: They say that "These Kids Today" never pay for music. They somehow download their music for free. Can any of you kids out there teach ME how to do that??

(It would certainly help my budget....)

3 comments:

  1. I just ask friends to burn me CD's...then I add them to my itunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaah!!!!! LOVE this question! I used to use limewire until I couldn't access it anymore. 8 songs is $8. Just do it (this said by someone who literally busted open her piggy back to buy food this weekend.)

    I so agree that new music to add to the mix is essential. However, WILDFIRE and TWO TICKETS TO PARADISE???

    Oh, Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make no excuses. They're on a 70's compilation album I bought, and yes, I love them both.

    ReplyDelete