Saturday, August 6, 2011

How the Mighty Have Fallen

This evening I met up with a couple of friends at the Flying Saucer, a beer bar in North Austin, at the Triangle. We had a good time -- I wasn't drinking because of the antibiotics I'm taking for the never-ending sinus issues. We laughed it up for the most part, but there was serious talk, too, about the world, education, and our lives.

Back in my 20's and 30's, most Saturday nights in the summer meant a long evening, sometimes ending at the break of dawn. Lots of subway rides. Many different establishments.

Tonight, I was home by 10:30, and ready to be there. When I lived in Madrid, 10:30 was when Saturday night started.

I'm not stressing about it. In fact, I'm glad.

I believe it's what's known as "age-appropriate behavior."

No comments:

Post a Comment